Bridal Shows are a great resource and time saver, allowing you to meet many vendors under one roof. That being said, it can also be overwhelming. A little preparation can make it less stressful and easier to navigate.
Here are some helpful tips:
• Before you go, look at the bridal show website, or call the event contact person. Note which vendors you are most interested in speaking with and visit those table/booths first. Make a checklist or print out ours as a guide.
• Create a new email address for you to use JUST for wedding planning. Vendors WILL be contacting you, bridal sites will find you. This keeps your personal email account from overflowing, and after the wedding, you can close out that email account.
• Bring self addressed mailing labels. Do you have a desk full of labels you have received in the mail from various organizations? This is a great opportunity to put them to good use, and you will most likely be changing your name/address soon anyway. ;) If not, take a few moments to print out a page or two of labels before the show. It will save time and your hand from cramping.
• Don’t go it alone! Bring a friend, sibling, mom or maybe even that person you are planning on spending the rest of your life with. It’s great to have a second opinion of someone who you trust and who knows your taste. It also makes it more fun. Many shows offer food, have a fashion show or showcase several bands or DJs, so make it a night out. Besides, you will need someone to help you carry your things!
• Travel light. Where lightweight comfortable clothes or layers you can remove. You will be given MANY magazines, pamphlets and brochures and samples to carry home with you and the shows can be quite crowded. A bulky jacket and large handbag can become cumbersome quickly.